Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend, we've made it to 30 weeks into the pregnancy! The fetal monitor tests that I have twice per day continue to show baby H's heartbeat doing well. My blood pressure has been okay overall with only a few readings up a little, and my blood sugar is looking much better after having the steroids shot raise it from Tuesday-Friday. I'm having to watch my diet very closely and doing my best to make the right food decisions to keep my blood sugars in the normal ranges. As many of you know, I'm a super picky, chicken fingers, fries, and Dr. Pepper/Coke loving girl! (I haven't had anything but water or Crystal Light in 2.5 weeks!) So this has been quite a process for me to eat better, but I know it is for the best for me and baby H right now. It's really not been too bad, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes at this point.

Tomorrow, we have another ultrasound and should get our first update in 3 weeks on baby H's size. When I spoke with my high risk doctor this morning, she said we need to see him staying on the growth curve. For the last 3 ultrasounds where they measured him, he had moved down the growth curve each time, so I asked her what would happen if he had gone down again. She said we would then have to re-evaulate when he might need to be born. It is good to be aware of this so, but we continue to pray that he is growing and that we would get a positive report tomorrow. Please pray for us that we will be able to trust God regardless of what we find out about his size tomorrow.

Yesterday they allowed us to go down the hall for the first part of our childbirth education classes. We learned lots about labor, and we will at least have some knowledge of breathing techniques, etc. if they do allow me to labor at all. Because of Michael's participation (surprise, surprise!), we received a free pack of diapers! :) We will go back to the class this afternoon and learn more about c-sections and newborn care and be able to take a tour of the nurseries and other areas of the hospital we will visit once baby H makes his appearance.

Last night, my parents brought S by to see me. When he saw my laptop on my bed, he immediately said "Elmo!" He and Michael have been watching Sesame Street videos on YouTube, so S knew he could see Elmo on there. S enjoyed seeing the video and even did a little dancing for us! :) He also had fun playing with my Bible and some other books and also playing with his diapers (from his bag) and showing me "Elmo" on his diapers. Can you tell how much he loves Elmo?! :)



1 comment:

  1. So sweet to have S come visit you. I know you look forward to those!! He is so inquisitive too. Don't you just love how boys like to look at everything. How sweet that he wanted to watch Elmo videos. Ours love to play the games on pbs.org. Mostly Curious George.

    Glad you are doing good.

    ReplyDelete