After having concerns throughout the first 16 weeks of our pregnancy, we had about 8 weeks where things seemed pretty normal. Then, at about 24 weeks, we were made aware of concerns with Baby H's size and the umbilical cord blood flow to him. At that time, I was placed on bedrest. After being more closely monitored for several weeks, the doctors determined that hospital bedrest was necessary. So today I was admitted into the hospital. Most likely I will be here until Baby H arrives. The biggest concern is that the resistance to blood flow to baby H has increased, which is affecting what he is receiving from me. This is also affecting his size, and he is smaller than he should be. I am currently at 29.5 weeks, and the hope is that they can monitor me even more closely here at the hospital and keep him in the womb as long as possible. It would be wonderful if he could make it to around 34 weeks. While it was extremely, extremely difficult to leave Michael and S at home, Michael and I know that this is what is best for Baby H. We pray that the time goes by very quickly!
Our specific prayer concerns right now are that this cord blood flow would improve, Baby H would grow, and that S' attachment to me would remain strong despite me having to stay in the hospital for awhile. Please also pray for Michael as he is being SuperDad and doing an awesome job but also has a lot on his plate right now.
I plan to update this blog frequently while I'm in the hospital, so please check back to see what is happening! Thank you for following our story.
First Trip to the Beach!
16 years ago



Carrie ! Thanks for starting this post to keep us informed.SOOOO sorry to hear about your hospital stay though :( That's gotta be hard. I pray that you will have your "comforts" as much as possible while there.Much patience and peace will be required I'm sure.Praying for Michael and Silas as well. If you guys endured 19 months for Silas,5 weeks will pass in no time for H !!
ReplyDeleteCarrie,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear you are going through so much right now with your hospitalization, Baby H's growth, and S's feeding tube. Has his surgery been scheduled? Please know your family has been in our prayers daily and will continue to be. God bless you and keep you,
Hey Carrie!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know that you and Baby H will be in my prayers. I can only imagine how difficult this must be but you are seasoned in going through tough times and I know God will see you and Michael through. You are such an inspiration! Take care of yourself and please keep us updated. (Since I am sure you will be doing some reading while you are on bedrest, over the past year I have fallen in love with Karen Kingsbury books. You may already read her books but if not I highly recommend them!) Love you! Erica
Carrie,
ReplyDeleteAs always, I follow your blogs with tears in my eyes. Your writing is so inspiring & I feel priviledged to follow the amazing journey to Baby H as I did the journey to Baby S. I know how hard it must be to be away from Michael and Little S., but 5 weeks will be here before you know it. Please keep us updated!
Love,
Alana, Kevin, Sophia, and Baby Henry