Yesterday things went pretty well. I saw my OB early in the morning, and she assured me that, even though the cord blood flow is a concern, with the fetal monitor tests and movement ultrasounds showing that baby H is doing well, things can still turn out okay. Also, the high risk doctor said that, if he had to be born yesterday, his chance of survival would be similar to that of a full term baby. Both of the doctors were encouraging to me that things can turn out well, but that I'm here so they can stay on top of things that are happening with him just in case they need to take him quickly.
Both fetal monitor tests went well yesterday. During one of them, I had 4-5 contractions, but one of the nurses said this could be due to needing to drink more fluids. So I've already had almost a whole bottle of water since I got up this morning! :)
I had a few church friends surprise me with a visit yesterday, and it was so nice of them to stop by. Then, my uncle and my mom came by. We continue to have such amazing support from our families, and we can't thank them enough for helping me here and helping to take care of and do things for S!
Michael brought S by in the evening. When they arrived, S looked at me with big eyes and ran over and said "Mommy!" :) We played with some markers and a coloring book (thanks Mrs. Donna!) on my bed, and then they ate here with me. After supper, they got to "wheel" me out to a garden for a little sunshine. S took the mulch out of the flower beds and put it onto the sidewalk and then decided to touch some bird mess out of curiosity--it was still wet! Yuck! :) We cleaned him up well after that, and then they headed home for the night.
Here are a few pictures of Michael and S having fun with the wheelchair in my room:
Thank you to all of our friends and family for the comments, emails, phone calls, and offers to help! We also can't thank you enough for your prayers and encouragement! We are very blessed!



hang in there, i'm proud of you!
ReplyDeleteHey Girl!! Coby and I have been thinking about you and Michael and maybe I can come visit you and Coby can go visit S and Michael this weekend! I really hope you are well and your butt doesn't hurt from all that sitting!! Hope that made you laugh! Hang tight! You can do this with the strength of the Lord!
ReplyDeleteCarrie- My prayers are with you and Michael. I know that God has you and the boys in his hands and everything will work out according to his will. By the way, great ultrasound photo below.
ReplyDeleteCarrie--You will definitely stay in my prayers. Kay Griffin updated me on Sunday about some things going on with you. I'm so sorry you've had to go to the hospital but I know that that is the best place for them to monitor you and baby closely. Hang in there! I'm sure the days are VERY LONG. Try to read a good book...Have you read the Twilight series yet? It is about vampires and werewolves but not in a gory way...a great romance. :) I also enjoyed the Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers. The first book is a little slow but, by the middle, it gets really good. Also, the Redemption series, Firstborn series and the Sunrise series by Karen Kingsbury are excellent. If you are interested in any of these, I have them and would love to let you borrow them. I can send them with your mom or Erica. Just let me know. As I'm sure you remember from the adoption wait, all of this waiting for your little one will become a distant memory when you hold your new little man in your arms.
ReplyDeleteJennyM
It's been a long time since I've seen you guys but I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and for your baby.
ReplyDeleteWe're praying for you all!! Daniel would love to be pushed around in a wheelchair and I'm sure S is just happy to see his mama! Keep us updated!
ReplyDelete