Thank you to everyone for your comments, emails, and messages related to my last post. Thank you for praying very specifically for us.
We had another ultrasound this morning. Baby H did his breathing and his moving on the ultrasound. But, the cord blood flow has actually gotten worse and has progressed to something called absent end diastolic flow. Actual diastolic flow was only seen one time with multiple checks. Due to this result, they will watch him even more closely on the fetal heart monitor now. While they think he can stay in utero for a little while like this, the risk increases for something pretty serious that would require immediate delivery--we're not there yet, and we're praying we don't get there at all! The doctor did say there is still potential to go to 34 weeks (about 3 more weeks), but we will have to wait and see what happens
Last night, during the fetal monitoring, I had more contractions than normal, and some of them were affecting baby H's heart rate and making it go down. They kept me on the monitor for over 2.5 hours (when they put me on it, they said it would be 30 minutes) and waited for my doctor to look at the results before taking me off of it. The high risk doctor said this is something else they would continue to monitor closely.
While today brought some not very good news, God really helped Michael and I through the day. I did not have a meltdown or flip out when we learned the results. Obviously we are disappointed and did not want to see this happen, but God immediately brought scriptures to my mind and has reminded me throughout the day that He will take care of baby H.
It is possible that the diastolic flow (without the absent part) could return on the next ultrasound, and that is what we will pray for now. I have another ultrasound either Thursday or Friday of this week. For now, the high risk doctor said I'm suppposed to decrease my activity level (if that is possible from being on hospital bedrest??), drink more fluids (I'll try to go above my 64 ounces per day), and stay sane here in the hospital. I can do all of these things. Most importantly, we'll keep praying for God to improve the blood flow and allow baby H to grow.
*Tonight we had a good fetal monitor test. The nurse said it did not look like a baby who was growth-restricted at all, meaning that he had a very good heart pattern on the test. And I did not have any concerning contractions. This was a good way to end the day!
First Trip to the Beach!
16 years ago



Praying for you and baby H! Here are some scriptures that you may have seen on my blog. anything at all that you need, please let me know!
ReplyDeleteBut if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. —Romans 8:25
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. —Philippians 4:6-7
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
—John 14:27
My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
—Psalm 62:1
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
—Philippians 4:11-13, 19
Carrie,
ReplyDeleteYou are in my thoughts and prayers. I will be sending lots of prayers your way from KS. Stay strong!
Carrie, I just read about everything that's been going on with you and your little one. Know I will be praying for you and your fam. Many blessing to you!
ReplyDeleteJoy to you,
Angela(Richerson)Peters
Carrie,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear that the blood flow is not as you had hoped and prayed. You remain in my thoughts and prayers as you wait more news. I'm glad you were able to get some positive feedback from the nurse towards the end of the day to help lift your spirits! The Lord will watch over you, Michael, S, and Baby H!!
Much Love coming your way!!
Carey
"YOU can do ALL things through Christ who gives YOU the strength to do it!!" (I changed I to you) See...you have put your fears in the Lord's hands and he has made them as far as the east is from the west! I have faith in you Carrie, that you can do this! My all time favorit verse..John 16:33..."In this world you will have trials, but be of good cheer, I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD." Your fears are part of this world, and He...your Heavenly Father..has already overcome them! Just keep holding on to that! My mom always says, write out a few encouraging verses, fold them up and put them in your hand and when you are told hard or bad news, open your hand and read the verse. That way there is nothing to let your mind go to but the WORDS of your Lord. I did this when Coby and I were called into Brenda's office and given the news about Andrey. Having scripture in my hand and feeling it there is what got me through that moment. It's God's promise to us! His words of encouragement! I love you my friend!
ReplyDeleteCarrie,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you! I know you are just ready for everything to be okay. I know they are watching you closely and the right decision will be made. Just remember God's timing is perfect! Keep us posted.
Erica
What a precious baby! I cannot wait to meet him. Grandmother called to update us - thank our Super God that you and baby H are doing well. You'll all continue to be in our prayers. Love you lots cousin and family! Get your rest while you can, God will watch over the baby every moment.
ReplyDelete