Let me first say thank you for all of your prayers! We've seen God answer them in amazing ways, and I will post in the next few days about how he answered the specific requests many of you all have been praying for. Baby H is doing very well for a baby born at just under 31 weeks, and besides the typical recovery needed for a c-section, I'm doing well, too.
Tonight I have one more request...please pray for our emotions as we leave baby H here in the NICU. I finally go home tomorrow after 21 days in the hospital. I'm so very happy to be going back home to Michael and S but incredibly emotional about not being able to take baby H with us. I know that is not an option right now and that he needs to be here so that he can gain weight, get the care and attention of the neonatal experts, and get the oxygen his little lungs require right now. I'm so, so, so thankful that God allowed him to arrive safely. I'm so grateful for the miracle God has given us in baby H and that He has brought us through the difficult and scary moments of the last few months. I must focus on these things right now, enjoy our daily visits with him, and wait with eager anticipation for the day he will join us at home.
Thank you for your prayers! I look forward to posting lots more pictures and updates this week and over the next few weeks as we see baby H progress towards coming home!
First Trip to the Beach!
16 years ago



More prayers coming for your family! What a miracle Baby H is!
ReplyDeleteOh Carrie,
ReplyDeleteMy heart is with you as you leave the hospital and leave Baby H in the NICU. I know that must be very hard on your emotions as you want to bring your newborn child home. As you know, God is working tiny miracles daily through H and he will watch over him and keep him safe.
I hope you feel better soon too. As you know, I had a c-section and I know how hard those first few weeks can be. I will be praying for your recovery and healing as well.
I'm just so excited that you are both doing well!!
Much love coming your way!
You got it Carrie ! Certainly will be praying.I can't imagine how hard it will be to leave Hudson. So,go ahead and be emotional.You're entitled.Giving birth in the best of circumstances is emotional and physically draining.So,add the bed rest,hospitalization and baby H in NICU and no one can doubt you've been through alot.So take your time in recovering.Just try to focus on what all you've been blessed with and how Hudson is in the BEST hands ever.Maybe that'll help. Can't wait to read whatever you are willing to share about your experience ! Welcome home and may God continue to bless you :)
ReplyDeleteCarrie,
ReplyDeleteYou may not really know me, but Michael use to drive me home from Union my sophmore year. I have been keeping up with you all through his facebook & your blog. I have been praying for you all. I shared with Michael on facebook last week that my son was delievered a month early through c-section due to health problems I was having. I spent a week in the hospital & Russell spent 10 days in the NICU. I remember well that feeeling of leaving the hospital without your new little one that you have been praying & longing for so much. I have been praying for your family & specifically have already been praying for the time that you would come home and have to leave Hudson. We were at Baptist as well & loved all the doctors & nurses that God blessed us with during that difficult time. I know that God is going to continue to bless you all in incredible ways. As some one told me when I was getting ready to leave the hosptial & upset about leaving Russell you are at least getting to go home & rest without having to worry about taking care of his needs right now. I didn't like hearing it at the time, but she was right as I did need some rest at home at home & to continue to work on my body healing. Hudson is in great hands right now I know. As you have already seen with Silas & Hudson so far our wonderful God is in control.
Mary Bea Wilson
We are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how hard it would be to leave Baby H at the hospital, but before you know it he'll be able to join you at home.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better soon too!
I have just caught up and read this blog from the beginning. Congratulations on Baby H's arrival! It has been amazing to read what God has been doing in your family the past couple of weeks. I will be praying for you and this time of seperation that you are having with Baby H. Congratulations, again, to you, Michael, and S!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you both doing well and will continue to pray for your strength and Baby H's.
ReplyDelete