As of tonight, Baby H is continuing to gain weight at a steady pace. He is gaining weight at an average of about 0.75-1.25 ounces per day. Tonight he weighed 2 lbs 14.5 oz! We are very excited about this and hope that he will be 3 lbs by Wednesday! Our next big goal is 3 lbs 5 oz. Once he gets to this weight, we will be able to give him his baths, and we will be able to hold him two times per day. (Right now, we are allowed to hold him once a day, and we can sometimes sneak in an extra minute or two of holding him at night when they change his bed after his water or soap baths.) We hope that he will get to this weight by this time next week. As I've mentioned before, the next goal beyond this is 4 lbs, which is when he can potentially move into a crib. This will also depend on how he is doing with his body temperature, etc. When he goes into a crib, it will mean he is getting a lot closer to coming home. We are grateful that he is steadily heading in the right direction!Below are a few more of my favorite pictures...Baby H sucking his thumb
Michael changing baby H's diaper...he is really good at changing diapers now! :)
Michael and S looking at baby H...S was so eager to get out his stroller to see him!
Another family pic...S was really focused on baby H!
A close up of baby H during our quick holding time tonight
you guys are amazing!! I love reading your updates and seeing pictures! H is getting bigger and bigger-good job H, keep up the good work!!
ReplyDelete-Joslyn
Carrie- Yay! He is gaining at a steady pace. I pray he just keeps doing so well!! I love how focused S is on Baby H. That is so cool... I hope that the two of them become as close knit as my own two boys. Such a special bond they have... and it is neat to see! We will keep praying for your whole family.
ReplyDeleteI know it must be so hard only holding H for short periods of time. What a blessing he is gaining weight so he can hopefully be held more soon! I love the photo of H sucking his thumb. Too sweet. The family photo was precious too!
ReplyDeleteHe has that Teague forehead! :) He is precious! I love the family picture in the background of S sucking his thumb. God has truly blessed you all! Hang in there, he'll be home soon.
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
Carrie, I love the picture of you and your son from a few days ago where you are reaching through and holding him and the light is in between the two of you...i love it! As a photographer that shot says so much! Almost like God's light is shinning between you two and keeping you both safe. The smile on your face is beautiful and his face looking at you is love! I almost write this with tears knowing that God sure is doing great things for you. Hold strong my friend and Coby and I can't wait to see you guys soon!
ReplyDelete