Sunday, June 14, 2009

Baby H's Progress

Baby H passed the 1500 gram mark on Saturday night! This was sooner than expected, and we were very surprised! The nurse weighed him twice on one scale and then another time on a different scale just to make sure it was accurate. He actually gained 2.5 oz between Friday and Saturday (much higher than his 0.75-1.25 oz average gain) and now weighs 3 lbs 5.25 oz! We were very happy about this, and now we can help with more of his care and hold him more often. He is also allowed to wear clothes now! :)

After receiving this great news Saturday night, we received more good news Sunday morning. When I called to check on him before church, the nurse said he had taken a whole bottle at one of his feedings during the night! Then, he took another bottle at lunch time on Sunday! This is wonderful news as my concern has been that he would get to 4 lbs but still have to work on the bottle feedings. That may still be the case, but he is definitely well on his way with both the feedings and his weight gain! With these being the 2 main things he will have to accomplish before he can come home, we are very encouraged and hopeful that he could come home sooner than the original times they quoted to us after he was admitted (2 months!) Again, we acknowledge that God is working and answering prayers and know that all glory goes to Him for the good things that are happening with baby H! :)

Baby H is awake!

S on the way home from visiting baby H...he is a wonderful big brother and loves to visit his "baby!"

Baby H and Daddy

Baby H and Mommy

6 comments:

  1. So excited for all of you! What sweet pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your whole family and for the Lord to take care of Baby H and for him to be healthy and strong...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY !!! so excited about H's progress.You look great Carrie and I pray feeling well.May God continue to bless you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I'm so excited to hear the good news. I cannot wait until H can come home. It sounds like it won't be as long as you had thought which is such an answered prayer! I bet you are enjoying dressing him in his clothes. So tiny and sweet!!

    Praying for you, Michael, S, and H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie- That is exciting news about Baby H!! Two bottles is great and that is encouraging about his ability to feed. I love the last photo of you and Baby H... it is so sweet! I'll keep checking here for updates and keep praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! We all hope he can come home sooner - I love the photo with the caterpillar in your previous post.

    ReplyDelete