Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's the Little Things...

Things with baby H have basically stayed the same for the most part over the past couple of days, which is good as he is just hanging in there for now, just where he should be. My blood pressure is trying to go up, so they're keeping an eye on it but have not felt they needed to add anymore to my 3 blood pressure meds I'm already on quite yet. (I don't have any signs of toxemia yet, but they are watching me closely to make sure I don't develop it.) Some of my blood sugar numbers have been slightly elevated, despite me following my diabetes meal plan, so I started medicine to help with this last night. Well, tonight either the medicine worked quickly or I didn't eat enough. My blood sugar was so low that they brought me a Coke to raise it back up! :) What a treat for me, as I love Coke and have not had any in 3 weeks! I didn't expect to have one until after baby H arrives either. It was an exciting moment to get this little treat...it's the little things! :)

Tomorrow, we have another ultrasound and should get another update on the cord blood flow. I'll post tomorrow to share our results. Thank you for following our blog and for your comments, emails, thoughts and prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. I really hope things continue to go well and that he cooks just a little longer in there. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie and Michael,
    I just want you to know that there are a lot of people in Anderson SC praying for ya'll.
    This is Sandra, Michael, I am Tommy's first cousin. My Mama Virginia Pettigrew is Mike's sister.
    We have been keeping up though everybody. Now I can talk to you direct.
    Please know that we love ya'll and you will be in our prayers always.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey.....I was going to tell you that low bs (blood sugar) can sometimes work in your favor!! But I didn't want to get in trouble. I hate low bs's but sometimes I love the cookies and juice that I get to eat and drink to get the bs back up. hehe....thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete