After a pretty emotional weekend of concerns about baby H's oxygen saturation and weight, we got a call from the doctor at 11:30 this morning saying he felt baby H was ready to go home! I asked him several questions related to the concerns, and he said it is not uncommon for preemies to have a drop in their oxygen during feedings. He also was not concerned about his lack of weight gain over the past 2 days. He said that about 1/40 babies fail the car seat test, but fortunately he finally passed the test in a special car bed so that he has a way for us to safely bring him home. After asking him my questions, I told the doctor we are a little nervous but also very excited!
Tomorrow morning we will finally bring him home after nearly 5 weeks of being in the NICU. We look forward to having both of our boys at home and eventually establishing a "new normal" routine for our family. We are excited to finally have the opportunity to take care of our child in our home. I'm not sure we will know what to do without all of the trips to the hospital! :)
We very much appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers over the past few months. It has been incredible how God has answered so many prayers, and we can't thank you enough for remembering us. Here are some pictures from the past few days! We look forward to sharing one of all four of us at home!! :)





So excited for all of you!! Happy Homecoming Hudson!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, I am so happy for you and your family! What a special day. Both of your boys are so beautiful. As a former NICU nurse, I am absolutely amazed at the progress H has made in suce a short time!
ReplyDeletePraise God from Whom ALL Blessings flow!
ReplyDeleteI know you can't wait to have both your sons home together! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYea! Yea! Yea! I'm so happy for you all!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's great Carrie! So glad it looks like you won't have to wait any longer! Can't wait to meet him some day.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear that H is finally coming home!
ReplyDeleteLet us know when you are home!! This is great news!!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful news! I think by this point, all of you are now home together. Praising God with you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. We couldn't be more excited!! I cannot wait to hear about your days at home with H and S. It will be fun to hear how big brother S does with H at home. Looking forward to all the sweet pictures too.
ReplyDeletePraying for you!